Named as the Best Value Ski Spot in North America!
Recognized as a Top 10 Emerging Ski Town in North America by National Geographic
See the VIDEOS!
Come find out for yourself why Durango, Colorado and Purgatory are receiving national attention as a great ski town!
There are many ways to enjoy the winter wonderland, with 88 trails, 10 chairlifts and rarely any lines, it's simple to zip around the mountain and enjoy the spectacular scenery amidst the rugged San Juan Mountains.
Other fun winter activities include dog sledding (new this year), tubing, Nordic skiing, snowshoeing, horse-drawn sleigh rides, snowmobiling, ice climbing, and more!
Just the Facts!
Welcome to the rugged San Juan Mountains of Southwestern Colorado. Purgatory is known for some of the most consistent snow around. Frequent storms followed by sunny, bluebird days create perfect conditions for pure alpine nirvana. Here are all the latest facts and statistics about Purgatory:
- Our Base Elevation is 8,793 feet (2,680 meters)
- The Summit Elevation is 10,822 feet (3,299 meters) (That's over two miles high!)
- Vertical Drop is 2,029 feet (618 meters)
- Skiable Area is 1,360 Acres (536 hectares)
- Our Annual Snowfall at Purgatory is 260 inches (660 centimeters) (That's over 21 FEET!)
- We can cover 250 acres (21% of the mountain) with our Snowmaking
- We have 10 Lifts serving 88 runs and can get up to 15,050 people to the top of the mountain per hour.
1 High Speed Six Person
1 High Speed Quad
4 Triple Chairlifts
3 Double Chairlifts
1 Magic Carpet
Our trail ratings by percentage are:
We have five terrain parks for even more fun:
- New this year, our Riblett Park!
- Paradise Freestyle Arena
- Pitchfork Terrain Garden
- Divine Comedy (the locals call it DC)
- Animas City Adventure Park
- Pinkerton Starter Park (NEW)
Dates and Times
Lift Hours of Operation are daily, 9am until 4pm. Half day starts at 12:30pm.
Ticket office hours of operation are: 8am - 5pm daily. 970.385.2168