Snowburners is designed for skiers and snowboarders of all levels from ages 4-12. The program focuses on learning new skills while emphasizing safe skiing and riding. Participants must be of age by January 1, 2014. Space is limited and classes are filled first come, first serve. Average class size is 6-8. Class times are 9:00 am -12:00 pm or 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm.
Registration (October 28th – December 16th) $240
Late Registration (December 17 – January 3rd, space permitting) $259
Saturday Snowburners Calendar:
January 4, 11, 18, 25, February 1, 8, 22, March 1*
Sunday Snowburners Calendar:
January 5, 12, 19, 26, February 2, 9, 23, March 2*
Thursday Snowburners Calendar (4 – 5 year olds only):
January 9, 16, 23, 30, February 6, 13, 27, March 6*
*All programs meet 8 sessions over a 9 week period
(No classes President’s Day weekend on February 15th, 16th and 20th)
All parents/guardians of participants in the program must read, sign and submit a Release of Liability Form in order for their child to participate in the program.
Print the Release of Liability Form. Click Here.
• All Saturday and Sunday sessions (including 4-5 year olds) meet in Columbine area, which is located at the entrance to the resort.
• Thursday 4-5 year olds sessions meet at the base of chair lift #4, directly across from the exit of the main rental shop on the second floor of Village Center.
• Please arrive 30 minutes early on the first day.
Attendance and Tardiness
• If you are late for a session and the class has left the Columbine beginner area, we will be unable to locate your class. Please do not call DMR if you will be late.
• It is very important that all beginners attend every session.
• If you are unable to attend a session, there will be no make-up session.
• Registration is fully refundable until December 23, 2013, after which 50% of the registration fee is refundable through January 3, 2014. After January 3, 2014, registration is not refundable.
• There are no refunds or make-up days for missed sessions.
Items your child will need to bring
• Appropriate warm clothing: Hat, eye protection, only ONE pair of socks, snow pants, mittens or gloves. Helmets are required.
• Ski passes are not included with the cost of registration. Please make sure your child has a ski pass or lift ticket on their person before dropping him/her off. Please contact the Purgatory ticket office for pass prices 970.385.2149. (Contact the Purgatory ticket office to learn more about the 4th, 5th, and 6th grade student pass specials.)
• Please apply sunscreen and take your child to the restroom before class.
• Fully functioning skiing or boarding equipment. Your child will have a much better experience if he/she has equipment that is the proper size. If you need extra advice, help, or seasonal ski rentals, please call Purgatory Ski Rentals, 970.382.2182.
• All snowboarders must have a snowboard with metal edges, a P-tex base and a safety leash. Please use snowboard boots rather than winter boots.